Finally I finished the dragon drawing. It was the most complicated, the hardest drawing that I copied, I worked really much on it. That’s why it took so long time, months. This was the last copied drawing I made for a while.
The idea and the original drawing belongs to John E. Kaufmann.
The next steps will be:
1) Examine and draw some artistic anatomy to know how to draw human body.
2) DRAWING PORTRAITS, YAAAAAY! The first I will make about Madeline Carroll who was playing in my favourite movie ‘Flipped’. She looks so beautiful, I try to give this back at the portrait.
Can’t wait, I only have so little leisure time nowadays.
As we can see some of the drawings are better than the others. Let’s try to put the drawings into groups and decide which groups are better than the others.
1) Coloured – Uncoloured: except from the Rapunzel, uncoloured drawings happened to be better than coloured. I guess it’s because of the more experience. Also because it’s much easier to draw only with one colour than always decide which colour is the best.
2) The Rapunzel makes a unique group itself because it’s drawn to a brown, hard paper and white pencils were also used to make it. The consequence is that it is very cool to make colourful drawings to brown paper, but coloured drawings to white paper are at the moment too big challenges to me.
3) Landscapes – Figures: Landscapes are okay, they make full pictures not like the figures they are just there without a background or anything. But the background is not alway good (for example the Aurora’s grey is not too good). So landscapes are sometimes better.
4) Although I’ve chosen simple pics to copy more times, the different drawings become more beautiful. I love to draw them, the only negative side is that they are drawn much slower. But as we can see it’s totally worth it.
After the Sleeping Beauty something good had to happen and it is this dragon after John E. Kaufmann’s art. Better than expected. I am able to draw it really slow, that’s why I uploaded the unfinished drawing.